To Contact Us

Email us-jad826@gmail.com
Call us-219-455-1624

Paul Michael Terrebonne

Paul Michael Terrebonne
Time For Church

Paul and Mommy

Paul and Mommy
What A CUTE Boy...!

Finally Updated Our Blog!!!

So...grateful for this blog and the opportunity to give our testimony about our son, Paul. Our prayer is that the blog will be a blessing to you and your family and hopefully it will he a help to those families that have a disable child or adult. Our Son, Paul, is now 28 years old, and has gone though many, many issues. PLEASE pray for Paul and God's leading in his life!


May you prayerfully take our journey with us...

So Much More!!!

There is So...more in our book than is in this blog...you will read about the stuggles that we faced as we tried to rear Paul with his disabilities and still tried to keep our Christian testimony. You will be surprised and blessed when you open its pages! It is now being sold at our church's bookstore!!! Also there are now three pages on this blog with lots of info on the second and third one. We Hope and Pray This Site Will Be a Blessing And A Help To ALL!!!

To Order Our Book On Amazon.com

What About Paul? How I have Up My Broken Dreams By Jad Terrebonne

Friday, December 26, 2008

We Had A Baby


Jad and I had been married
for a couple of years and
we decided it was time to
start a family. Jad was
still trying to get his
degree from Hyles-Anderson College and both of us were
working a full time job, so times were hectic. On top
of everything, I hurt my back while working at a nursing
home as a CNA, and had to wait a few months for it to
heal. Afterwards I got a job taking care of a twenty
year old handicapped woman named Carrie. Her mother had
a very successful business and needed help with her
daughter so that she could take care of her business full
time. Carrie had an older sister that had two sons I
watched during the day also; needless to say, I was busy!
I thought I was pretty flexible until I found out Jad and
I were expecting. I was constantly sick in the bathroom,
after while it seemed like my favorite spot (ha-ha). I
needed to keep the job, so I went to the doctor hoping
to find some relief from the morning sickness. Jad worked
at a hospital, so he found me a good OBGYN doctor. When I
told the doctor of my continuous morning sickness he
prescribed me medications to help with the nausea. I did
start to feel better and was able to function from day to
day. At that time Jad was working three to elevens while
he still was in college so our schedule was kind of crazy.
On my due date around 10:45pm my water broke. Jad would
be home in about 45 minutes, so I decided to take a get
ready (take a bath, put on my makeup) before leaving for
the hospital. When I called him to let him know he rushed
home from work early. When he got home I was finishing
getting ready and he wanted to leave right away. I told
him I had to finish my makeup, which he obviously did not
understand, and 20 minutes later we were on our way to the
hospital.

Because Jad worked at the hospital, I was able to get in
right away when we arrived. Jad was able to stay with me
and was allowed a few more privileges, which were a blessing.
They brought our meals into the room and we were able to
talk directly with my doctors and nurses. I felt very
comfortable thanks to the great staff at the hospital. Well,
I went in labor and actually did quite well, (maybe it was
the Lamaze class) but I didn’t have any major contractions
until 12:00 p.m. the next day. Paul was born June 21, 1983
at 5:51 pm. He weighed 7-9, and his length was 20 inches
long. His name would be Paul Michael Terrebonne.

He looked like a healthy baby boy, or so we thought...

Isaiah 43:1-2
But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob,
and He that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have
redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art
mine.When thou passest through the waters, I will be with
thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be
burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

God Bless You,
Rachelle